The concept behind Kyoto Budogu
is very straightforward: provide quality Kendo equipment that has been selected and tested by Kenshi
Being based in Kyoto, not only we
have the opportunity to access the expertise of the best Shinai and Bogu craftsmen:
Kenshi from all over Japan
(and all over the world) come and visit Kyoto every year
for the Enbu Taikai. In those days,
Kyoto becomes the
Kendo capital of
Japan: an immense wealth of experience and of fighting spirit that wells
up and flourishes in
Kyoto. We are part of all this and we would love to share it with you.
There's a world of knowledge behind Kendo
equipment. Even after many years of hard practice, the secrets of the craftsmen
remain… secret! It is time for Kenshi
all around the world to access
this knowledge, to be able to make better choices regarding their equipment. We
would love to offer advice and explain the reason of the selection of products
we offer on
We would like to offer fast delivery, for
all items that are necessary for daily practice, with a no-nonsense, practical
- Bogu sets and Bogu parts fit
both for hard Keiko and high performance.
- Packages of Shinai, instead of single ones, to allow testing the quality of a specific take and, why not, swap staves when damage occurs after long use.
- All items would be ready for shipping and straight off the shelf.
- Free embroidery on hakama hip and on kendogi border tail
- And, more important of all: FREE SHIPPING for all items.
Being part of the great Tozando family, we would also be able to suggest you alternatives, in case your request is more specific or customized than what we can satisfy.
Kyoto Budogu Staff:
- Takahiko Hayashi, Kendo Kyoshi 7-dan (Store manager)
- Takumi Nakata, Kendo 5-dan
- Toshikatsu Muroki, Kendo 5-dan
- Kazuki Unzei, Kendo 3-dan
- Takayuki Hirosaki
- Taichi Sakashita
- Takayuki Tsujimoto
- Ryohei Sato
- Masaki Kuge
- Satoshi Okumura